Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hair Cut/Pan's Labryinth/Tze Siew's bday/Causeway Bay Hong Kong Restaurant

On last Sunday, got a hair cut, it was an unplanned thing. Actually, I have not had a hair cut since December. Developed a bit of a hair-cutting phobia you see. Somehow my hair always ends up looking its worse right after a hair cut. Not right after I had walked out of the hair salon mind you, that’s when it looks its best. After all that hair cutting, thermal-killing of my hair, blowdrying till my hair is poker straight, it looks pretty good. But after I washed my hair this time after the hair cut, whew, I couldn’t believe the mess I was left with. Perhaps they layered my hair too much.

Anyway, a photo of how I looked right after the hair cut.

Then, that afternoon, I met up with some friends to watch Pan’s Labryinth and have dinner. It was also a kind of late celebration for Tze Siew’s birthday. First time I have watched a film with no idea what it was about. I thought.. Pan’s Labryinth.. “Labryinth”.. Like a kiddy, hide-and-seek kind of movie? Or something like Narnia? How wrong I was.

Don’t be fooled by the inclusion of fairies and mystical creatures in this movie. I wouldn’t recommend any kid to watch this. The gory, the violence, the horror… My goodness. The movie is set in the post world war one Spain, but in an area of Spain, Italian fascists were trying to maintain control. The captain of the soldiers is the main character’s step-father, Ophelia. She and her heavily pregnant mother are forced to move from the city to the countryside, where the Captain is stationed, so that Ophelia’s mother can give birth with the father by the side.

And from there, the story unfolds.. Ophelia discovers there is more than it seems in the forest, that a portal to a magical realm exists within a labryinth. And guided by a fairy, she ventures deep into the labryinth, where with the help of a fawn, she discovers who she really is and her destiny.

Ophelia has to complete three challenges. I’d say the scariest one is when she has to enter the lair of a monster that eats children. Before entering, she is strongly warned against eating any food there. And when she enters, she sees that the creature sits dormantly in front of a feast, grotesquely misfigured, pale as the moon is his skin, yet the tips of his fingers, toes and folds of his skin are bloody red. Add to that there is nothing on his face except two slits for nostrils and a mouth. It really is a scary sight.

After retrieving a key, Ophelia predictably goes against the rules and picks up a grape to eat. This stirs the monster and he picks up the two eyeballs on a plate in front of him, puts it into his palms, holds up the palms to his face and looks around. Aaaah!!!

Then he starts stumbling towards Ophelia, like an old man arisen from deep slumber. As for what happens next, you just have to watch it to find out. I’m not very good at describing scenes you see.

Anyway, after exiting the chilly movie theatre, we were feeling spooked out, and a bit grossed out by the gory scenes which I will not write out here.. After a long time of deciding where to go for dinner, we settled for Crowne Square. Where we tried out a new place called Causeway Bay Hong Kong Restaurant. Ordered 4 kinds of food to share..

Here’s the Cheese Baked Rice with Chicken Chop, costs RM9.90. Very rich, very cheesy, and if you were to finish the whole thing by yourself I think it will be overkill.

And here’s the Yang Chow Fried Rice, RM7.90. Nothing really special.

The Steamed Venison Rice with Black Pepper Sauce, RM7.90. Interesting bowl it comes in. The top is only a layer of venison while the rest beneath it is a lot of rice.

And what I think was the best, Sizzling Noodles with Sliced Beef. The noodles are really full of flavour, the beef tender. But I think all the food there really has a lot of flavouring.

Hmm.. the place overall isn’t that bad. Although I remembered it being more crowded during the Sunday afternoon that I went last time. And note that the dim sum is only served till 4pm daily. When we went, it was too late to sample the dim sum.

Finally, here’s a photo of the birthday girl, Tze Siew..

And a photo of the two other beauties who went out with us, Jia Lin and Siaw Fern.

Oh yea, after Siaw Fern went back, the three of us girls even went to China Friendship Park and tried to take photos. I think the better photos would be on Jia Lin’s T50. Surprisingly, there were quite a lot of other people there too, taking photos, pak toh-ing. Heh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that meticulous model. The prices seeking the sneakers were all over 220 pounds on every page. But finally I bring about this location selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that particular brand. The prices for the shoes were all over 310 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 250 pounds everwhere. But for all I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing